Last year tiny premature babies in the United States were the first to experience Huggies® Little Snugglers Nano Preemie Nappies after the Huggies research team mastered the art of making the tiniest nappies.
A solution to one tiny problem
Now the special nappies are available in New Zealand for tiny pre-term babies, while they are cared for in NICU nurseries at Auckland, Middlemore, Waikato, Wellington and Christchurch Hospitals. The nano preemie nappy is for babies under 900 grams. There’s more to these special nappies than just a tiny size.
Huggies Little Snugglers:
- Are designed especially for a premature baby’s delicate skin
- Have special fasteners and can be placed on a baby from either the front or the back
- The leg gathers and pad are designed to let baby tuck into the foetal position easily
- Allow the accommodation of medical tubes and lines
- Are individually inspected, hand folded and packed
Stuff.co.nz recently reported on new mum Lisa McKenzie and her baby, Millie, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed just 965 grams. Millie wore micro preemies (for babies 900-1500 grams).
Read more of the story on the link below.
With advances in medicine and technology, more and more babies born premature are surviving to live a full life. The Neonatal Trust reports that approximately 10% of babies are born premature in New Zealand. A baby is considered to be born premature if birth occurs before 37 weeks gestation.