- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1 potato (peeled)
- 6 cup chicken stock (liquid)
- 1/2 cup pasta
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked chicken
- 1 long green shallots (sliced)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, carrots and potato, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add stock and bring to the boil.
Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes until just cooked and vegetables are tender.
Add zucchini, peas and chicken and cook for a further minute or two until warmed through. Serve topped with sliced shallots.
Find related soup recipes
- Chicken noodle soup
- Curried lentil soup
- Thai pumpkin soup recipe
- Curtis Stone’s chorizo and chick pea soup
- Katie’s chicken soup recipe
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil soup
- Pumpkin and cumin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup
- Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe
- My kids love taking this in thermoses to school for winter lunches.
- You can use any small pasta – or try some of the novelty pastas that are available if it’ll keep the kids interested.
- Omit the chicken and use vegetable stock for a vegetarian version.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley for Kidspot.