Chicken in the bag
- 1.5kg chicken pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 8ths
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp hot English mustard
- 1 lemon
- 6 smoked chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme (optional)
The day before:
In a large strong ziplock bag, put in onions, mustard, dried sage, olive oil.
Juice lemon and then cut up rind into 8 pieces, and add to bag.
Close the bag and squoosh it all up so it’s combined and onions are separated.
Add chicken, distribute marinade through bag, put into fridge overnight.
Approx 1.5 hours before you want to serve, preheat oven to 200C.
Put chicken and marinade into large ovenproof dish.
Add chorizo, nestle it in between the chicken pieces and cut the fresh sage and sprinkle over the top.
Bake for 45 minutes, take out of oven, turn chicken and chorizo, and return to oven for a further 30 minutes.
- You could serve this with salad or potatoes (I did diced roasted garlic potatoes and garden salad.)
- I used chicken drumsticks but you could use any chicken pieces you like.
- I saw this recipe on Nigella Lawsons TV show the other night and knew IMMEDIATELY I was going to make it and make it soon.
- This Chicken in the bag recipe is the ultimate easy meal, but looks like it took you all day.
- All my family devoured it, and the kids asked when were having it again, shortly after the dishes were done!
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.