Cranberry and pistachio biscotti recipe
- 1 1/3 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 and half cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup shelled, unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cups dried cranberries, I used craisins
Preheat oven to 180C.
Put eggs and sugar into an electric mixer and mix on high for about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
Add in vanilla extract and beat for a further minute.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Add dried cranberries pistachios to the flour mixture.
Fold in the egg mixture bit by bit until all in combined. This takes a strong arm!
Pour out onto a lightly floured surface and make into two logs. Place onto greased tray.
Reduce oven temperature to 165C and bake in oven on middle shelf for about 30 minutes, until top is golden and crusty, but not burnt. Leave to cool for 20 minutes.
When cooled, turn onto chopping board and slice loaves into pieces approx 1.5cm thick.
Regrease tray and lay each slice flat (You will probably need 2 trays) Return, one tray at a time to the middle rack of the oven for a further 10-15 minutes.
Take out of the oven, turn over biscuits and repeat.
Leave to cool completely and store in airtight container. These also freeze very well.
- Aren’t these a picture? Wouldn’t YOU like to receive these? Now that I’ve made them, I will answer for you.. YES you would!!
- Watch out! These Cranberry and pistachio biscotti are quite more-ish!
- This recipe makes about 35-40 biscotti – great if you want to give away a lot or if you’re like me, would like a stash for home, and a stash for gifts. If you don’t, well halve this recipe!
- I actually like to keep the cranberries and pistachios whole but you can chop them is you wish.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.