Individual baked egg pots
Makes 1 serve
- 1/2 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 button mushroom, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Tasty cheese, grated
- 1 slice bread, for toasting
You will also need:
- 1 x 250ml capacity ramekin, buttered lightly around the inside
Place the onion and mushroom in the bottom of the ramekin and mix together. Season with salt, pepper, spices or herbs.
Crack the egg into the ramekin and gently swirl to coat the vegetables, trying to keep the yolk in the centre.
Sprinkle the cheese over the egg.
Put ramekin on a flat baking tray and bake for 15 minutes (or longer if you like a hard yolk). Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Serve with toast soldiers.
- You can use whatever seasoning you like, I used pistachio Dukkah, but this might not be to your kids' tastes.
- Remember the yolk will continue to cook in the ramekin after you have removed it from the oven, so don't overcook it.
- If you've got a family of egg-lovers, you'll never go wrong with a fluffy Basic omelette. Always a winner!
- Who says you can't serve eggs for dinner? This Baked eggs for dinner recipe proves that it is both possible and extremely delicious.
- The beauty of these Mini bacon and egg pies, is that they are yummy eaten either hot or cold.
- These bite size Golden brunch puffs are perfect to serve when you have guests over.
- Going on a picnic this weekend? Bring a batch of these wholesome Cheese, corn and sweet potato quiches and you'll be very popular with kids and adults alike!
- Turn a boring brekkie into something worth talking about. These Breakfast pies will tempt even the fussiest of eaters.
- This Chorizo and potato frittata makes a great light lunch, and is extremely budget-friendly too.
- These Bacon and egg cups are easy to make and they look absolutely amazing. Impress your family with this fun recipe.
- The kids will go crazy for these French toast sticks, especially once dipped in a puddle of maple syrup. Yum!
- This recipe was created by Katie Rainbird for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Katie at Katie180.