Saffron chicken paella
- olive or canola oil spray
- 500 grams chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cups short grained rice
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 200 grams green beans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 3 teaspoons MAGGI Chicken Stock Powder
- 3-4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 400 grams canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
Spray a large non-stick frypan or paella pan with oil and cook chicken over medium heat until browned.
Add garlic, onion and capsicums and cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
Add rice, tomatoes, beans and paprika and cook for 2 minutes.
Add combined stock powder, water and saffron, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, without stirring, for 15 minutes.
Shake pan a couple of times during cooking to stop rice from sticking.
Stir in chickpeas and peas and cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.