- 4 field mushrooms
- ½ avocado
- 4 slices of bread (gluten-free)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g feta
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- l 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Wipe mushrooms and place on a tray lined with baking paper.
Slice avocado and distribute evenly between mushrooms.
In a food processor, whiz bread, garlic, rosemary and chives until bread is in coarse crumbs.
Drizzle in oil and whiz again briefly to combine.
Firmly press breadcrumb mix into mushroom cups – you should have enough to have a nice pile on each one.
Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until mushrooms are tender and top is golden and crisp.
To prepare dressing, combine oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small screw top jar, shake well.
To serve, place each mushroom on a plate, crumble feta over the top and decoratively throw on the spinach leaves.
Drizzle over dressing and serve immediately.
- This is yet another of my husband’s favourites! A great combination of tender mushrooms, crunchy top and soft feta.
- Make this dish gluten-free by using gluten-free bread.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.