Tomato and garlic chicken
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 punnet (200g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 4 small chicken breasts (about 120g-130g each), sliced lengthways to make 2 steaks
- oil spray
Heat a small saucepan on medium-low and add oil, garlic, cherry tomatoes, oregano, sugar and water.
Cover and bring to a simmer before reducing the heat and cooking until tomatoes begin to breakdown a little. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
While tomato sauce is cooking, steam green beans until tender (about 3-5 minutes).
Bring a non-stick frying pan to a medium-high heat, spray lightly with oil and add chicken steaks.
Cook chicken for 3 minutes, turn and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Remove chicken from the heat and rest on a board for a couple of minutes.
Serve chicken on beans and top with tomato sauce.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Spiced yoghurt chicken with coriander rice
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken garlic schnitzel
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken
- If you don’t have cherry tomatoes in the house, just use 200 grams of chopped tomatoes. You can also replace the beans with any green vegetable you’ve got in the fridge.
- Slicing each chicken breast lengthways to make two thin steaks ensures the chicken cooks quickly and remains moist and tender.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.