Traffic light salad
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 yellow capsicum, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 100g Kalamata olives, pitted
- 200g Haloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Halve cherry tomatoes and olives. Add all vegetables to a large salad bowl.
Slice the haloumi cheese into 1cm square pieces. Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat and cook the cheese until golden brown on all sides (I only did 3 sides asI like the two tone look!).
To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small screw top jar and shake until well combined.
Toss dressing through salad and top with warm haloumi cubes. Serve immediately.
- Serve this salad with barbecued meat
- The salad is very quick to prepare, so someone can be throwing it together while another is dissecting the midweek barbecue chicken special or burning the meat on the barbecue.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.