White anchovy fennel and pine nut salad
- 3 fennel bulbs, trimmed (feathery tops reserved)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 150g white anchovies
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Slice the fennel as thin as possible. Place these in a large bowl and gently toss with the olive oil and lemon juice. Arrange on your serving plate or platter and top with the anchovies and pine nuts. Scatter over the reserved fennel tops and serve.
- White anchovies can be found at most delis or specialist food stores. You can swap them for regular anchovies but they’ll lose their lighter, more delicate flavour if you do – so use less!
- This is just beautiful, tangy, full of crunch and perfect with a sliced, fresh baguette and maybe one or two other little plates.
- I use a mandolin ÛÒ they are so fantastic for cutting thin, delicate vegetables and start at about $16 at kitchen stores.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, AustraliaÛªs beståÊrecipe finder. åÊYou can follow Sophie onåÊLocal is Lovely,åÊFacebook,åÊTwitteråÊoråÊPinterest.