Easy Costume: Cat in the Hat
If you don't have time for the whole costume palaver but need a quick knock up for a last-minute dress up, this Cat in the Hat cheat's hat idea is a cinch.
What you need:
- 1 x large piece of white cardboard
- 1 x chopstick or bamboo skewer
- red paint
- black marker pen
- scissors or a craft knife
Number of players:
Draw a top hat shape onto the white cardboard. Paint red stripes onto the hat. Outline the stripes with the black marker pen to make the hat look 'illustrated.'
Cut the shape out using a craft knife or good scissors.
Attach the chopstick as a handle.
- a black dressing gown belt as a tail
- a red scarf tied in a bow at the neck
Aaaand we're done here!
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.