Fairy costume: make a fairy princess tiara
Make something different for your little fairly princess. This homemade tiara is a unique addition to any girl's princess dress-up accessories. Check out our tiara template for a fairy princess costume.
What you need:
- 1 FREE printable tiara template
- 1 girl's Alice band (not thicker than about 1cm)
- 2 colours of felt (including pink, of course!)
- 1 sheet of stick on jewels/rhinestones (available at $2 shops for about $2.50 per sheet)
- Hot glue gun
Number of players:
Watch the how-to video to find out how to make your homemade tiara for a fairy princess costume.
First print out your FREE tiara template.
Trace it onto your felt. You'll need two colours: one colour for the main piece and a contrasting colour for the detail piece.
Cut out your felt pieces.
Now get your Alice band and fold the main tiara pice around the headband so it will sit on top of your princess's head.
Use a hot glue gun to glue the two sides of the felt tiara together.
Glue the detail piece to the front.
Stick on some bling!
Give it to your fairy princess. She won't take it off for days!
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the free tiara printable.