Make a jellyfish in a bottle
Making your own jellyfish in a bottle is a fun science activity or recycled craft idea for kids PLUS it makes good use of all those pesky plastic shopping bags you've collected.
What you need:
- 1 x clear plastic shopping bag
- 15cm of string or a rubber band
- a one litre plastic water bottle (or soda bottle)
- a few drops of food blue food colouring
Number of players:
Cut the handles off the shopping bag so that you have a plain square of plastic.
Now tie a section off with the string to make the jellyfish's head. (See video.)
Cut the remainder into strips for the jellyfish's tentacles.
Push the jellyfish into the empty bottle.
Fill the bottle with water, add a few drops of blue food colouring.
Squeeze the bottle or tip it upside down to make the jellyfish swim up and down inside the bottle.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.