Travel surprise bag
Travelling with kids is not for the faint-hearted. But a little bit of preparation can go a a long way. Have this Travel Surprise Bag ready for any time you may need your child to sit still – it works well for waiting rooms, train trips, or long car trips.
What you need:
- A fabric bag
- Interesting things to put inside it.
Number of players:
Make or buy a fabric bag to hold all your surprises. A drawstring bag is ideal as it will conceal the goodies until the bag is allowed to be opened. Collect things as you see them and add them to the bag so that you have it ready to go when you need it.
If you are really organised you could put some items into a ziplock bag before you add them to the Surprise Bag.
- A small picture book
- A notebook or scribbling block
- A colouring book
- A packet of coloured pencils or textas
- A packet of coloured pipe cleaners
- Large wooden beads and a piece of plastic thread to thread them onto
- A simple jigsaw puzzle
- Finger puppet
- Magnifying glass
- New small toy or mirror
- A small cheap retractable tape measure