Promotion for Kumon
Anna participated in Kumon’s Free Trial. She went on to build mental calculation skills, confidence and a daily study habit.
Anna, now in Year 9, enrolled into Kumon after experiencing a Free Trial of Kumon Mathematics in 2016.
Strong mental calculation skills
Anna studies Kumon Mathematics one year ahead of her school grade, indicating she has developed strong mental calculation skills. Paula, Anna’s mother, says there are many other ways that Kumon supported her daughter.
“Anna likes to achieve; I think she’s seen herself improve over time”, Paula says. “She gets a lot of satisfaction from Kumon. It’s not easy; she’s struggled sometimes. It’s given her a good sense of what she can do.”
Developing a daily study habit
Anna has also become a self-motivated learner with a daily study habit. She continued studying her worksheets during an overseas trip several years ago when she spent 26 days hiking the Camino de Santiago.
“I didn’t want to fall out of the habit of doing my Kumon Mathematics homework. I thought I might fall behind if I didn’t do it on the trip”, Anna says.
“My two cousins who were with me on the trip also do Kumon. We helped each other during the evenings when we had lots of spare time”.
Anna wants to be a doctor or scientist when she grows up.
Free Trial In May
With Kumon’s upcoming May Free Trial, your child can also experience an individualised Mathematics or English programme over two weeks, obligation free. The Kumon Mathematics programme develops quick, precise calculation skills necessary for the study of high school mathematics. Kumon English develops a high level of reading comprehension ability.
Find out how Kumon can develop in your child:
- calculation and reading ability
- a daily study and reading habit
- the confidence to learn independently
Register for the Free Trial with your local Kumon centre here.
Limited availability. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions:
- The registration deadline for the Free Trial varies across centres.
- Places are limited and acceptance for the Free Trial is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Participation in an information session is mandatory prior to your child participating in the Free Trial.
- The Free Trial consists of worksheet study over two weeks during May.
- Late registration may result in a shorter Free Trial.
- Operating procedures at each centre will vary.
- The Free Trial is available for one subject only (either English or Mathematics).
- Offer not available at all centres.
- There is no obligation to enrol after the Free Trial.
- Kumon centres will always comply with COVID-19 advice and requirements from the Ministry of Health. Physical distancing will be implemented to ensure the safety of all students, parents and staff.
Written by Kidspot NZ with information supplied by Kumon New Zealand.