Brought to you by
Moving to solids is a big step, so to help you make the best choices for your little one we’ve curated everything you need to know about first foods for little tums.
New for you
View this post on Instagram
A good choice for baby’s first food – new SunRice Baby Rice Cereal
Starting your baby on solid foods is an exciting milestone in their development. All babies are different, so wait until your baby is showing a number of signs before starting them on solids. Your baby may seem hungry after breastfeeding or formula feeds and they may make chewing movements and reach out when seeing you eating.
Most babies start solids between 5 and 7 months of age. It is recommended by the Ministry of Health, Plunket and the World Health Organisation to wait until 6 months before starting your baby on solids.
Baby rice cereal is recommended as a first food for infants by Plunket* and the Ministry of Health** as plain, smooth and soft foods are good for getting your baby used to solids. For references, see here.
Introducing SunRice Baby Rice Cereal
SunRice Baby Rice Cereal is a new smooth rice cereal your baby will love:
- Available in two delicious flavours: Original and Mixed Vegetable
- Provides a good source of iron to support your baby’s healthy growth and development, as part of a healthy, varied diet
- No added sugar and no artificial colours or flavours
- Made with at least 99% Australian rice
- Available in 125g resealable pouches
For more information, visit sunrice.com.au