Cute! Pom pom Easter bunny tail
A cute addition for Easter hat parades or just for those who like to dress up – wear it with the Easter bunny mask – this pom pom tail is so easy even the kids can make it.
- Two pieces of cardboard cut into a doughnut shape – the size of the outside circle will be slightly larger than the size of the pom pom.
- A safety pin
Tools needed to make pom pom; how to wrap wool around cardboard rings; cut when wrapping is full, but tie around the middle between the two rings to secure pom pom; add safety pin to secure the tail in place.
How to make the pom pom tail:
1. Place the cardboard rings together and tie an end of the wool onto it. Now cut through one side of the ring – this will make it much easier to wind the wool on.
2. Continue to wrap the wool around the ring, slipping it through the slit each time, until it looks pretty full. You don't need to do the entire ring – by leaving a gap close to the slits you will ensure the wool doesn't slip off.
3. Once done, slip the scissors between the two pieces of cardboard and cut all the way around.
4. Place another piece of wool inbetween the cardboard, wrap around and tie off tightly. You can now remove the cardboard.
5. Insert the safety pin into the centre of the pom pom and simply pin in place on a willing participant’s bottom!
Browse Kidspot Easter crafts and feast ideas: