3 ingredient chocolate profiteroles
Makes approx 18
- 3/4 cup (150g) good quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened custard
- 18 choux pastry (profiterole) cases
Place 100g chocolate in a bowl and set that on top of a saucepan of simmering water, being careful not to let the water touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk into custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Gently cut profiterole cases in half horizontally. Spoon or pipe chocolate custard onto the bottom half and place the other half on top.
Set filled profiteroles on a rack or tray. Melt remaining chocolate. Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over the top of each profiterole. Serve.
Find more chocolate recipes
- Chocolate rough slice
- Chocolate triangles
- Chocolate ice cream pudding
- Double choc brownies
- Mars bar mud cake
- Jaffa fudge cake
- Choc chip beetles
- Choc chip cookies
- Choc chip fun face muffins
- Chocolate fudge puddings
- Choc rainbow squares
- Profiterole cases are available in supermarkets.
- Melt chocolate in short bursts in the microwave if you prefer.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.