Easter egg biscuits
- 1 packet Milk Arrowroot Biscuits
- Lollies, sprinkles or hundreds and thousands for decorating
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100g white chocolate
- 1 egg
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Food colouring of choice
You can either use chocolate to coat these biscuits, icing sugar – or both!
Snap milk and white chocolate into squares and place in separate microwave safe bowls so you don’t mix the two chocolates together.
Microwave each bowl on low heat for 1 minute until the chocolate has almost melted. Stir, and repeat on the same setting for 10 seconds at a time if the chocolate needs more melting. When it’s runny, carefully spoon it onto the biscuits and spread using a knife.
Decorate with either lollies, sprinkles or hundreds and thousands
Separate the egg white from the yolk and pour the egg white into a bowl. Using an electric beater, whisk until it forms stiff, meringue-like peaks. Sift in icing sugar until you reach a spreadable, yet not runny consistency. Add a few drops of food colouring if you wish.
Spread on biscuits and decorate with lollies, sprinkles or hundreds and thousands.
- This is a super fun Easter treat as the biscuits are shaped like Easter eggs!
- This is a great recipe to make with kids as it’s incredibly easy and they love decorating the biscuits with all sorts of lollies.
- Don’t get carried away with food colouring – unless you want really dark-coloured icing.
- These biscuits make a fun Easter gift when wrapped in cellophane and tied with a ribbon.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.