Creamy spinach soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 750ml chicken stock
- 750ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bunch silverbeet, green parts only
- 1/2 cup cream
Heat olive oil in a large, non-stick pot.
Cook onion, leek and garlic until soft.
Add potato and cook without colouring for 10 minutes.
Add stock and water and a teaspoon of salt.
Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add silverbeet, simmer 5-10 minutes until soft.
Add cream and blend until smooth.
- I added 1/2 tsp of chilli powder to the soup to give it a bit of kick, but skip if your kids don’t like spicy food.
- Serve with a cob of fresh bread and butter.
- This recipe was created by Alana House at Housegoeshome for Kidspot.
- Wondering where the spinach is? Well, Alana reinvented a spinach soup recipe using what she had in the fridge and pantry, hence the silverbeet.
Find related soup recipes
- Chicken noodle soup
- Thai lentil soup
- Lentil and pumpkin soup recipe
- Potato and leek soup
- Katie’s chicken soup recipe
- Baby carrot soup
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil and lemon soup
- Bacon, potato and cheese soup
- Roasted pumpkin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup