Jam roly poly pudding
- 1 loaf white sliced bread (approx. 21 slices)
- 1/4 cup (60g) butter
- 3/4 cup berry jam
- 2 cups (500g) custard
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
Step 1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Butter bread and spread with jam. Remove crusts.
Step 2. Grease a small baking dish (approx. 25cm x 15cm) with remaining butter. Cut each slice of bread in half, roll each half up and place cut side down in baking dish.
Step 3. Whisk together custard and milk.
Step 4. Pour custard mixture over bread, ensuring it is all soaked through. Sprinkle the top with raw sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Find more dessert recipes
- Apple and rhubarb crumble
- Apple and blackberry crumble
- Apple crumble
- Bread and butter pudding
- Butterscotch self saucing pudding
- Blueberry buckle cake recipe
- Chocolate fudge pudding
- Chocolate self-saucing pudding
- Easy pear cobbler
- Lemon delicious pudding
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream and fresh berries.
- Store-bought custard makes this a really simple dish, however, you can make your own easy home made custard from scratch if you prefer.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.