This classic and simple recipe is bursting with flavour.
‘Chow mein’ translates to (stir) fried noodles and is popular in many cultures. This version uses beef but you can substitue chicken or pork,
Beef Chow Mein
- 3/4 cup carrot, grated or thinly sliced ( julienne)
- 1/4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms removed stem, sliced
- 250 grams noodles, dried
- 100 grams red pepper (capsicum)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 stalks spring onions chopped
- 250 grams beef thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Oyster Sauce
- 4 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- Soak dried noodles in hot water for 5 minutes or prepare as per instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Stir fry beef with 3 Tbsp. oil for 5 minutes. Add-in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook chow mein for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.*Add Chili Garlic Sauce for a spicy kick to your dish.