Little raspberry bread and butter puddings
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (180ml) cream
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- butter, for greasing
- 8 mini croissants
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced).
Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla. Place mixture into a jug.
Grease 6, three-quarter cup ramekins with butter. Cut croissants roughly into 1.5cm cubes and place into ramekins, layering with raspberries as you go.
Pour custard mixture into ramekins, ensuring all of the croissant pieces become soaked in the liquid. Place the ramekins onto a tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Dust with icing sugar and serve with good quality vanilla ice cream.
Find more dessert recipes
- Apple and rhubarb crumble
- Apple and blackberry crumble
- Apple crumble
- Bread and butter pudding
- Butterscotch self saucing pudding
- Blueberry buckle cake recipe
- Chocolate fudge pudding
- Chocolate self-saucing pudding
- Easy pear cobbler
- Lemon delicious pudding
- Day-old croissants are best for the this recipe. You could use a couple of large croissants instead.
- You could bake these ahead of time and reheat them prior to serving.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.