Nutty pear and chocolate smoothie
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 cup pear, unpeeled but roughly chopped
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and frothy.
Find related drink recipes
- Baby's first smoothie
- Banana smoothie
- Banana smoothie with Milo
- Fruit smoothie
- Healthy strawberry smoothie
- Malted honey and apricot smoothie
- Strawberry and banana smoothie
- Frozen bananas will give this smoothie a creamy texture.
- Shake some chocolate on top for effect.
- You can hide some LSA (linseed, sunflower and almond) mix in this smoothie to boost the nutrition content and add some extra fibre.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.