If you’re feeling adventurous, get the kids into the kitchen this weekend and have fun rolling some wontons together!
You can pre-make the mixture and everyone can roll their own to add to your soup of choice, or enjoy with a dipping sauce and veggies.
This recipe will make more than 50 wontons so you can freeze them and have them on hand for a quick meal whenever you like.
- 500 grams fatty pork mince finely minced
- 250 grams green prawn meat roughly chopped
- 1 tablepsoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger crushed
- 1 small can water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 50+ wonton wrappers
- Eggwash Made from 1 egg beaten with a dash of milk
- Place all of the ingredients except for the wonton wrappers and the eggwash into the food processor and process on high for 2-3 mins.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour or two.
- Remove from fridge and set out a plate and the eggwash.
- Take a wonton wrapper in your palm and place a tsp of mince into the centre. Wash the eggwash over two adjacent edges and fold opposite corner to corner. Make sure there is no air pocket inside. Bring the left and right triangle corners to meet and seal together with a little eggwash. Freeze until ready to use.
- Drop these into boiling stock and return to boil and simmer for 3 minutes to cook.
- Serve with some green vegetable and add some egg noodles if you are really hungry.
- Don't skip the step of resting the mix in the fridge. A really important chemical reaction happens during this time.
- Do not be tempted to use lean pork mince. It is entirely different and won't help your recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot.