Orange and honey macaroons
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup (80g) caster sugar
- finely grated zest of one orange
- 2 cups (170g) desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 tbsp runny honey
Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan-forced) and line two baking trays with paper. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and then place over medium heat. Stir well and keep stirring until the mixture begins to dry out. This will take about 10 minutes.
Reduce the heat a little if you think the mixture is beginning to catch and burn on the bottom of the saucepan. Remove from heat, leave to cool and then spoon into tablespoon-sized mounds on baking trays.
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking paper for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Find related biscuit and cookie recipes.
- 3 in 1 biscuits
- Anzac biscuits
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Funny face biscuits
- Jelly biscuits
- Rice bubble and sultana biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Kiss biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Muesli biscuits
- Three ingredient shortbread
- White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- Gingerbread heart cookies
- Yo-yo biscuits
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- This is a great recipe to double or triple if you happen to be baking for a school fete or cake drive. Package them up in little cellophane bags and a ribbon and you have a sure-seller on your hands!
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.