Slow cooker spaghetti bolognaise
- olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1kg beef mince
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 stick celery, roughly chopped
- handful cauliflower florets
- 2 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 600ml passata
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- fresh herbs of choice
Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a deep pan and gently fry onion and garlic until soft.
Add beef mince, breaking up with a wooden spoon until browned. Put mixture in slow cooker.
Place carrot, celery, cauliflower and zucchini in food processor with a generous slug of passata. Zizz until they are pureed. Add to slow cooker with remaining passata and tomato paste.
Add herbs as desired – I threw in some oregano and thyme leaves I had in the crisper.
Cook for 8 hours on low.
Serve with pasta of choice, sprinkle with some parmesan and add extra veg on the side if you really want to torture the kids.
- By pureeing all the vegetables, my kids don’t realise what they are eating in the sauce. Very crafty, I think!
- This recipe was created by Alana House for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.