When you’re a kid, there’s NEVER enough school holidays! Just seeing them do a happy dance when there’s a teacher-only day is testament to that! Well, in 2019, the kids are not going to be happy at losing several holidays – though parents might be!
There’s currently a ‘holiday hack’ doing the rounds of the internet on how Monday to Friday workers may be able to get 10 days off in a row in 2019 by using only three days of annual leave – and it’s during the school holidays! It’s possible due to the fact that Easter and ANZAC Day are close together during the April break between terms one and two.
How to get 10 days off by using only 3 days leave
- You finish work on Thursday 18th April
- Friday 19th April is Good Friday – public holiday
- Then it’s the weekend
- Monday 22nd is Easter Monday – public holiday
- Book off annual leave for Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th April
- ANZAC Day is Thursday 25th April – public holiday
- Book off one more day, Friday 26th April
- The weekend rolls around again
- Then you’re back at work on Monday 29th April
Of course, that also means that the kids won’t effectively be getting breaks for Easter or ANZAC Day as it’s already included in their two week term break. Sorry kids!
And those of us who are self-employed, working shifts or weekends – well, we will just have to seek sympathy with the kids.
For more information on school terms, holidays and public holidays for 2019, click on over to our school term guide.
This article was written by Julie Scanlon, Editor for Kidspot NZ.
Read more on Kidspot:
- School holiday activities and camps
- School terms and holidays in 2018 and 2019
- Preparing for the first day of school
- School camps and sleepovers – are you ready?