Developmental milestones include:
- By 6 – 7 months, she is making one and two syllable sounds – mama, dada, bubba
- She babbles in conversation with another person.
What can I do to encourage her speech and language development?
- Play ‘Where’s your nose… there’s your nose’
- Copy her babbling and make your own babbling sounds
- Show her how to wave goodbye and say ‘bye-bye’ at the same time
Signs that suggest a developmental problem:
- She doesn’t try to verbally communicate through babbling or other sounds when you are talking to her
All children are different and develop at different rates, so don’t be overly concerned if your baby is acquiring new skills at a different rate to those around her. But if you are worried about her development, talk to a health professional for a little reassurance.
This article was written by Ella Walsh for Kidspot.