- 1 eggplant
- 4 yellow squash
- 2 red onions
- 2 zucchini
- 2 red capsicums
- 1 bunch baby carrots
- 4 tbls olive oil
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbls balsamic vinegar
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 tbls thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 50g pine nuts
Preheat oven to 180°C
Cut eggplant into chunks and place in plastic bag liberally sprinkling salt into the bag and shake. Put aside.
Cut the squash and onions into quarters. Cut zucchini into 4 chunks. De-seed and de-rib capsicum. Peel carrots leaving whole and trim green tops
Rinse eggplant and pat dry with kitchen towel.
Toss all vegetables except for the cherry tomatoes and the spinach in oil and place on a tray covered with baking paper.
Bake for 25 -30 mins. Add halved cherry tomatoes for the last 10 mins of cooking.
Toss warm vegetables with balsamic vinegar, baby spinach, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and pine nuts. Serve warm.
- This recipe is fantastic for BBQ’s , entertaining and picnics.
- Getting kids to eat this one may be a task as they can actually see all the green and red bits, but if you get past that barrier, I’m sure they’ll love it.
- I like to serve the veggies as a side salad with BBQ meat, rather then just on it’s own.
- This recipe is also great with roast meat or fish.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.