It’s Christmas and your fussy tot refuses to eat the roast turkey you’ve been slaving over – what do you do? You throw together one of these Christmas-themed mixed sandwiches of course! Just watch them guzzle down one of these cute sandwiches!
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices fresh bread
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1/4 small banana, mashed
- 1 tsp avocado
- 1 tsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp grated apple
- 2 slices cheddar or tasty cheese
You will also need:
- Christmas biscuit or play dough cutters
On one piece of bread spread the peanut butter, followed by the mashed banana. Press closed with a second piece of bread. Cut out sandwich shapes using a cookie cutter and arrange on a plate.
On another piece of bread spread the avocado, cream cheese and grated apple. Press closed with a second piece of bread and again use cookie cutters to stamp out a shape.
Stamp out more Christmas shapes from slices of cheese, then scatter over sandwiches and serve.
- Use bread that is as fresh as possible to make the shapes easier to cut out.
- Try different fillings to expand your kids’ tastes: Vegemite, cream cheese and lettuce OR cream cheese, sultanas and grated carrot OR ham, cheese and sweet beetroot relish.
- If you want a more traditional Christmas cake recipe then this Christmas fruit cake will do the trick.
- You can make this Christmas shortbread if you really like Christmas baking.
- If you like chocolate then these Christmas tree brownies are a delicious Christmas table treat.
- If you want a Christmas savoury treat then this Christmas tree pizza is an easy dinner with part pizazz.
- If you need a plate to take along to a Christmas party then this Christmas tree cheese platter is perfect.
- You can make this cute Christmas Yule log for your Christmas table and your guests won’t even know it’s a cheaty trick recipe.
- You can take this Cupcake Christmas tree to your Christmas party. It is super easy.
- You can make these Christmas gingerbread families if you love gingerbread. You can get the kids to help you decorate them.
- These Christmas Royals are made from store-bought biscuits withh added touches to make them Christmassy.
- If you need something cool you can make these Christmas angel ice creams for the kids.
- This recipe was created by Jodie Clarke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.