Frozen banana ghosts
- 4 firm bananas cut into thirds
- 200g white chocolate, melted in a double boiler
- 24 milk or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup (85g) desiccated coconut
You'll also need:
- 12 popsicle sticks
Gently insert popsicle sticks into banana pieces, leaving a 1-2cm margin at the top so that the stick does not poke through the other end of the banana.
Dip and swirl each stick of banana into the melted chocolate and allow any excess melted chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Place each dipped banana in either a cake pop stand or flat onto a tray lined with baking paper.
Once the chocolate has almost set, press 2 chcocolate chips into the banana for the eyes.
Gently roll each banana through a bowl of desiccated coconut, so that it is fully coated. Place back in cake pop stand on lined tray.
Freeze bananas until ready to eat, and consume within 2 months.
Find more related Halloween recipes:
- Watermelon fangs
- Band-Aid biscuits
- Halloween severed fingers
- Tombstone cupcakes
- Halloween jelly worms
- Red Back spider biscuits
- Halloween witches' hats
- Halloween eyeball cupcakes
- These banana treats will freeze well, but it is a good idea to transfer them to a sealed contained once frozen.
- Remember, if you choose to lie the bananas on a tray, rather than in a cake pop stand, they will have flattened backs.
- You could take this recipe a step further and add cardboard wings, taped onto a toothpick and pierced in either side once frozen.
- This recipe was created by Katie Rainbird for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Katie at Katie180.