Oreo cookie pops
- 1 pkt (185g) Oreo cookies
- lollipop sticks
- 375g dark chocolate melts
- 375g white chocolate melts
Step 1.Gather all ingredients together. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Step 2. Place chocolate melts into separate bowls and heat in the microwave oven for 1 minute and stir and then heat further at 20-second intervals, until completely melted.
Step 3. Place the cookies on a plate and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften the cream filling. Gently twist the cookies apart. Push the lollipop sticks into the cream filling and place half a teaspoon of chocolate onto the cream filling. Place the cookies back together. Leave to set for a few minutes.
Step 4. Dip each Oreo pop into melted chocolate and place on baking paper.
Step 5. Top with sprinkles of your choice and leave to set for 10 minutes.
Step 6. To display your Oreo pops, you can buy some florist’s foam (oasis) and cover it with decorative paper. Then poke your pops into the foam and serve.
- You can melt the chocolate using a double boiler or a heatproof bowl over boiling water if you don’t have a microwave. Just make sure the bottom of the bowl is NOT touching the boiling water as the direct heat will cause the chocolate to seize.
- Using double-stuffed Oreos makes room for the stick in between the two cookies.
- If some of the cookies break, you can glue them together with a bit of chocolate, leave them to set and proceed to dipping.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Find related kids party recipes:
- Chocolate balloon bowls
- Frog in the pond cupcakes
- Funny face biscuits
- Strawberry mice
- Fruity sticks
- Tuna and veggie boats