Pea and zucchini puree
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp mashed potato, optional
Wash and cut the ends off the zucchini, and cut into small pieces.
Bring a small saucepan of water to boil on a stove.
Add the peas and zucchini and cook until soft, around 5 minutes.
Puree together in a blender until smooth.
If it’s a little too lumpy for your child, push through a sieve to remove the zucchini and pea skins that haven’t been pureed.
Stir in the mashed potato, if desired.
Find related baby recipes
- Chicken, rice and vegetables
- Baked custard recipe
- Chicken and corn chowder
- Beef and vegetable dinner recipe
- Banana and honey porridge
- Easy beef casserole
- Simple pumpkin soup recipe
- Fruit puree recipe
- Egg and vegetable omelette recipe
- The mashed potato will thicken up this vegetable puree and make it smoother.
- Can be frozen for up to six weeks – but only if fresh peas were used. Otherwise refrigerate and eat within two days.
- This recipe was created by Belinda Graham for Kidspot.