Prawn layer dip
- 500g light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp butter
- 500g green prawn meat
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 green onions, chopped (shallots)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Plain corn chips to serve
In a pan, melt butter and cook prawns on both sides for 2 minutes each. Drain on kitchen paper and chop.
Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Spread over a large serving dish in a round.
Scatter cooled prawns over mix and top with cocktail sauce, green onions, cheese and tomato.
Serve with plain corn chips.
Related dip recipes
- This recipe originally contained 3-4 cans of shrimp or crab but when I costed it out, I realised I could use fresh prawns for a lot less money.
- You can add a diced green capsicum to the vegetables scattered over the top if you want even more layers!
- This is a great dip for parties or barbecues and the perfect thing when you have to bring a plate.
- Make sure you have a few packets of corn chips to go with this.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.