Sausage and white bean hotpot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 good quality sausages
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 x 400g tins diced tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
Heat oven to 200å¡C (180å¡C fan-forced).
Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a heavy-based casserole or lidded frypan and brown sausages well all over. Remove to a plate and wipe out the pan with some absorbent paper.
Heat remaining oil and saute onions for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add garlic and capsicums and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook for a further minute, then add tomatoes and a tin of water, along with the beans and herbs.
Return sausages, pushing them into the sauce, cover with a lid and place casserole in the oven. Cook for 25-30 minutes, adding zucchini for the last 8 minutes.
Serve with mashed potato, pasta or some crusty bread.
Find related sausage recipes
- Bangers and mash
- Chevaps and roasted vegetable salad
- Creamy curried sausages
- Curried sausages
- Italian sausage and rocket penne
- Garlic mushrooms, tomatoes and chipolatas
- Sausage and beef casserole
- Sausage and mushroom pasta
- Sausage bake
- Sausage hotpot
- Sausage salad
- Sausages with spiralli
- Tomatoey chipolatas with polenta
- Yummy curried sausages
- Any leftover sauce would be delicious piled onto some toasted sourdough for lunch the next day.
- Alternate with butter beans, borlotti beans or kidney beans in place of the cannellini beans.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs atåÊTypically Red.