Spiced yoghurt chicken with coriander rice
- 1 cup (250g) natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) rice (jasmine or basmati)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 lemon, zest
In a bowl, combine yoghurt, spices, salt and garlic. Cut a few slashes in the top of the chicken breasts, then coat in the yoghurt mixture and leave to marinade for an hour.
Meanwhile, cook rice according to preferred method. Heat olive oil in a frypan over gentle heat. Saute onion for 3 minutes until soft. Add ground coriander and stir to release aromas. Stir this mixture through cooked rice with coriander leaves and lemon zest.
Heat a frypan or chargrill over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and cook, cut side down, for 6-8 minutes. Turn, reduce heat and continue cooking for a further 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
Serve with coriander rice.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Spiced yoghurt chicken with coriander rice
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken garlic schnitzel
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken
- The yoghurt marinade not only adds flavour to the chicken, but it tenderises it as well.
- Cooking times will vary depending on the size and thickness of the breasts. If you prefer, cook for 3 minutes each side until brown then pop them into the oven for 12-15 minutes at 180°C conventional (160°C fan-forced) to finish them off.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley from the blog Typically Red.