Thai lentil and garlic soup
- 250g red lentils
- 10 cloves (40g) garlic, peeled and bruised
- 300g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2-3 tbsp Thai red curry paste (depending how hot you like it)
- 5 cups (1.25L) vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) light coconut milk
- coriander to garnish
Place all ingredients except coconut milk into a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 1 hour.
Blend with a stick blender. Add coconut milk, bring to a simmer and serve with a little coriander.
Find related soup recipes
- Chicken noodle soup
- Curried lentil soup
- Thai pumpkin soup recipe
- Potato and leek soup
- Curtis Stone's chorizo and chick pea soup
- Katie's chicken soup recipe
- Baby carrot soup
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil soup
- Bacon, potato and cheese soup
- Homemade chicken soup
- Pumpkin and cumin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup
- Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe
- Use red lentils for this soup as they break down and make a lovely creamy, thick soup.
- 2 tablespoons of red curry paste gives a little kick. Reduce it to 1 tablespoon if you prefer the flavour but not the heat. Add more if you like it hot, hot, hot.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.