- 425g tin of tuna in spring water, drained
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- pinch of ground pepper
- 1 whole ripe avocado, mashed well
- juice of a lemon
- pinch of salt
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped into long sticks
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together tuna, mayonnaise, sesame seeds and pepper very well until fluffy.
Pat this mixture flat into little ramekins or bowls with a cup capacity.
Mix the avocado with the lemon and salt and spread flat over the dip so the tuna is completely covered.
Stick the carrot sticks into the middle and serve.
- Other vegetables such as sugar snap peas (string removed) or Lebanese cucumbers cut into sticks make great dippers as well.
- If you make this ahead of time, cover the dip with cling-wrap and float the carrot sticks in an air-tight container full of iced water until you need them.
- Cut up and grill wholemeal pita bread into triangles for dipping instead of veggies if your kids are fussy about raw vegetables. Organic corn chips are also great!
- When I’m in a hurry and don’t have time to make mayonnaise, I buy a good quality mayonnaise instead.
This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand”s best recipe finder.