Warm Lamb Salad with Pea and Feta Hummus
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1/2 cup mint
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lamb rump chops
- 2 handfuls rocket
- 1 cup broad beans, blanched
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup red mustard cress (or watercress)
To make the hummus, place the peas, chickpeas, mint, lemon juice and feta in a food processor and whizz until almost smooth.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high. Cook the lamb for about three minutes on each side and set aside to rest under a foilåÊtent.
To make the salad, place the rocket on a big platter, top with dots of the hummus, scatter with the broad beans, spring onions, cherry tomatoes and mustard cress.
Slice the lamb across the grain into finger-sized strips. Lay these across the salad, drizzle with the olive oil and squeeze with lemon juice.
Serve with warm wraps or Turkish bread.
- You can prepare the feta and pea hummus ahead of time and then assemble the salad when you have cooked the lamb.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New ZealandÛªs best recipe finder. åÊYou can follow Sophie onåÊLocal is Lovely,åÊFacebook,åÊTwitteråÊoråÊPinterest.