Have fun in the summer sun with Banana Boat
Kiwis are very aware of the harmful effects of the sun but recent research* shows that we aren’t that great at keeping up with our sun smart routines. Do you remember to reapply sunscreen after two hours in the sun? Or after swimming? The research revealed that in the past 12 months 35% of Kiwi kids have been sunburnt and parents admitted that forgetting or finding it too time consuming was their main reasons for not applying or reapplying sunscreen to their kids.
How much? As a guide, each application requires 7 teaspoons of product – 1 per limb, 1 for your front, 1 for your back and one for your face, neck and ears
How often? Reapply at least every two hours or more often after swimming, sweating or towelling off – make it simple for yourself by setting a timer on your phone
“Reapplying sunscreen at the right time is really important, but less than a third of Kiwis are reapplying every two hours according to the research, putting families at risk of sun damage. It’s also very important to remember to reapply after swimming, perspiring or towelling off.” (Associate Professor Rosemary Nixon, Consultant Dermatologist).
Banana Boat top tips for having fun in the sun:
- Remember that sunscreen is only one part of protecting your family this summer!
- Apply your sunscreen 20 minutes before going outside.
- You will need to use 7 teaspoons of sunscreen per application
- Reapply at least every two hours, especially after swimming and towel drying.
- Get covered – wear protective clothing and find shade.
- Avoid the sun during the hottest times of the day.
- Check the expiry dates on your sunscreen – you may need to restock.
New Banana Boat Dry Balance™ SPF 50+ Sunscreen lets you have fun in the sun without feeling greasy or sticky. The formula combines SPF 50+ broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with a formula that draws away excess moisture, leaving a soft matte finish that lets skin breathe – so your skin feels fresh, dry and comfortable.
Banana Boat offers a broad range of sun care products for families including products formulated especially for babies and kids, so your family can stay protected while having fun in the sun! Banana Boat Kids sun care products feature:
- SPF50+ Broad spectrum UVA/ UVB protection
- 4 hours water resistant
- Won’t run into eyes
- Fragrance free
- Fast and easy to apply
- Gentle formulation for young skin
- Roll on, pump bottle
Each selected reviewer will receive:
- 1 x Banana Boat Dry Balance Lotion SPF 50+ (175ml)
- 1 x Banana Boat Baby Roll On SPF 50+ (75ml)
(NB scroll to the bottom of the page to add your review as a comment).
If you are selected to trial, the product will be sent to the address on your profile. Please check your address now to ensure that it is up to date. Not registered yet? Then signup now
Kidspot Terms and Conditions: You will be required to post your review on our Product Trials page if you are selected. Your name and postal address will be given to the supplier for the purpose of delivery of the product only.
*400 New Zealand adults were surveyed online by CoreData in October 2017.