Christmas snowflake biscuits
- 1 1/4 cups (300g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar, sifted
- 3 cups (450g) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tube Glitter Writing Gel
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Cream butter and icing sugar. Add flour, mix well.
Wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
Roll out to 5mm thickness and cut biscuits using a snowflake cookie cutter. Reshape dough to roll and cut remaining dough.
Place shapes on the tray and bake for 15 minutes or until pale golden. Cool on wire racks.
Using the glitter writing gel, trace snowflake patterns onto the biscuits and leave to dry.
Find related sweet Christmas recipes
- Cheerios Christmas trees
- Christmas angel ice creams
- Christmas candy cane cookies
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas jelly slice
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Christmas pudding pops
- Christmas trifle
- Christmas Yule log
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- You can use any shape you like for this biscuit recipe. You can even roll the dough into a log shape and slice biscuits from the roll.
- Glitter gels can be bought in the supermarket cake section. If you don't have glitter gel you can decorate these with royal icing and sprinkle sugar crystals on the icing.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.