- 170g butter, softened
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup sifted flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter a baking sheet and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugars until creamy, then stir in the eggs, vanilla and banana. Stir in flour, bicarbonate soda, and salt. Add rolled oats and stir through until well combined.
Form small balls and allow enough room around each ball on baking sheet for it to expand while baking.
Bake for 12-15 minutes and cool. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- You can make this recipes even healthier by leaving out the sugars and replacing them with one cup of demerara (or raw) sugar or honey – they will be slightly less sweet using these options.
- If you want to be creative, you can add extras to this recipe – try chocolate bits, dried fruit, or crushed nuts.
- These biscuits are perfect for lunch boxes.
This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.