- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
Sift flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
Combine eggs and milk in a small jug.
Whisk into dry ingredients and stir until mixture resembles a smooth batter.
Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Spray with cooking oil and spoon in 2-3 tablespoons of batter, taking care to immediately swirl the pan to spread the batter. Reduce heat to low.
Cook until the surface looks dry and flip to cook the other side. Remove when slightly golden.
Find related pancake recipes
- Apple and cinnamon pancakes
- Apple pancakes
- Baby banana pancakes
- Banana pancakes with caramel sauce
- Basic pancakes
- Buckwheat pancakes with berries
- Buttermilk pancakes
- Choc chip pancakes
- Cottage cheese pancakes
- Lemon and sugar pancakes
- Mulberry pancakes
- Orange syrup pancakes
- Pancakes with berries and yoghurt
- Pancakes with caramel bananas
- Ricotta pancakes with honeycomb butter
- Simple pancakes
- Spotty berry pancakes
- Teddy bear pancakes
- You can serve these with berries and yoghurt, lemon and sugar or bananas and maple syrup.
- For savoury fillings, I have used Bolognese sauce with sour cream and cheese, smoked salmon with sour cream, capers and red onion and creamy chicken and mushroom casserole.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.