Curtis Stone’s fettuccine bolognaise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 250g portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tin diced tomatoes (400g)
- 350g fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped salt and pepper
In a pan heat olive oil and add beef mince. Break up lumps and brown (approx. 5 minutes)
Add onion, carrots, garlic and mushrooms. Saute for 2 mins.
Add tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes.
Cook pasta as directed and toss through bolognaise.
Stir in fresh basil.
- I was very doubtful when I saw this recipe but I was pleasantly surprised. The mushrooms seem to give it a really nice depth of flavour and the basil is a great fresh flavour.
- I roasted a punnet of halved cherry tomatoes for 10 mins and stirred them through at the end and gave it a shower of freshly grated parmesan cheese. It’s great served with homemade garlic bread and a fresh salad.
- This fettucine bolognaise recipe was re-created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.