Hazelnut buttermilk and banana bread
- 1/3 cup (75g) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75g) fresh hazelnut butter
- 2 large free range eggs
- 2 cups (300g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
Preheat oven to 180°C conventional (160°C fan-forced) and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy, add the hazelnut butter and beat a couple of minutes more.
Then add the eggs, one at a time, incorporating the first one well before adding the second.
Fold through the flour and cacao powder then the bananas and buttermilk.
Mix gently until just combined, then spoon into the loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
Find more bread recipes
- Irish soda bread
- Mushroom and haloumi turkish bread
- Soft poppyseed milk bread
- Turkish bread pizzas
- Potato and tomato focaccia
- Zucchini bread
- Banana bread
- You can find hazelnut butter at your local health food store.
- Hazelnut butter may be swapped with almond butter or good quality peanut butter.
- You can push a skewer into the centre to test if this loaf is done. If the skewer comes out clean, it's ready.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.