- 125g salted butter
- 250g plain flour
- 80g freshly grated parmesan
- 1 egg
Place all ingredients in a food processor and whiz until mixed and the dough forms a ball. If the ingredients are too dry add cold water, a teaspoonful at a time, until the dough catches.
Remove from the processor and knead together briefly until the dough is smooth.
Form the dough into a sausage about 3cm diameter, wrap in plastic film and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Preheat oven to 180C.
Line two baking trays with baking paper.
Cut the sausage into thin rounds about 3mm thick and place on a baking sheet.
Cook for 10-12 minutes until golden.
Cool on wire racks.
A great savoury afternoon snack with some cheese and fruit.
- Homemade savoury biscuits are a great change from the regulation shop-bought varieties.
- Try with a fruit cheese or flavoured cream cheese spreads (eg chive and onion, strawberry).
- I made these gluten-free using 125g rice flour and 125g tapioca flour.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.