- 1/3 cup (60g) quinoa
- 2/3 cup (150ml) stock
- 1 1/2 cups parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, finely sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
Place quinoa and stock into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes until quinoa is cooked.
Allow quinoa to sit for 5 minutes before fluffing up with a fork and allowing to cool.
Combine cooled quinoa with all remaining ingredients.
Find related quinoa recipes
- Crunchy quinoa salad
- Grilled asparagus and quinoa salad
- Hearty beef and quinoa stew
- How to cook quinoa
- Quinoa and apple porridge
- Quinoa calamari rings
- Quinoa cheeseburger with barbecue onions
- Quinoa salad
- Quinoa fried rice
- Quinoa is a nutritional powerhouse, high in protein, iron, fibre, vitamins B6 and B12 and minerals such as manganese, tryptophan and magnesium. It’s also a phytonutrient-rich antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- This salad is made in minutes if you’ve already got some cooked quinoa in the fridge. I keep some in an airtight container for this and other salads, or as a mucho-healthy covering for oven baked calamari or chicken nuggets.
- Don’t just have this tabouleh as a side, it’s fantastic in sandwiches too with a little lean chicken or left-overs from the barbecue.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.