Roast pumpkin spinach and feta slice
- ½ pumpkin, cut into 2 cm chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 230°C. Toss pumpkin and onion with salt and approx. 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
Place pumpkin and onion in a slice tray. Roast until pumpkin is tender, about 15 minutes.
Place spinach over the top of the pumpkin and onions and mix everything together with a fork in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle the feta over this mixture. Line the slice pan with baking paper and place the feta and pumpkin mixture back into the pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and pepper and stir well.
Pour egg mixture over the vegetables. Bake in oven for 15-20 mins or until set in the centre.
Stand for 10 mins. Cut into squares.
- This is a great dish to make in advance and serve at room temperature.
- I love using organic feta.
- This slice also makes a lovely breakfast (think of it as a strange type of omelette) – it’s easy and doesn’t make a mess.