Books make a great gift or stocking stuffer and no matter how little or big their imaginations are, there are stories to entertain every Kiwi. If you’ve got a little bookworm in your family or your dad can’t keep his nose out of a book, we’ve put together some of our must-have titles from Hachette this year.
⬇️ Check out our favourite titles below and find more inspiration with Hachette’s interactive gift guide.
Must-have reads for KIDS
- EDMONDS MY FIRST COOKBOOK: With the iconic illustrated step-by-step layout of the original Edmonds Junior Cookbook, kids will find it super easy to learn to cook these classic New Zealand recipes.
- SLAY: A fierce teen game developer battles a real-life troll intent on ruining the Black Panther-inspired video game she created and the safe community it represents for black gamers. With threats coming from both inside and outside the game, Kiera must fight to save the safe space she’s created. But can she protect SLAY without losing herself?
- THE WIZARDS OF ONCE: KNOCK THREE TIMES – Book 3: Enter a land of wizards, warriors, mythical creatures and powerful Magic in an exciting fantasy adventure. The latest from the author of How To Train Your Dragon.
- THE CHRISTMAS LOOKY BOOK: This is a gorgeous and enthralling book for children, featuring 11 huge puzzles all with colourful New Zealand landscapes, birds and animals – and a Christmas theme! From bestselling NZ children’s illustrator Donovan Bixley.
- TWINKLE, TWINKLE, LITTLE STAR: (Also known as Tīrama Tīrama Whetū Riki E). Join Ruru while she delivers the mail to her avian friends like Tui and Piwakawaka at night. Featuring the lyrics to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in English and te reo Māori.
Must-have reads for ADULTS
- THE NEW EVERYDAY: Food in a Minute is back with a fresh collection of their most popular recipes and some exciting new dishes to inspire your everyday cooking. The recipes are simple, delicious and easy to follow with customisable tips to satisfy any tastebud.
- TALL TALES AND WEE STORIES: An inspirational, energetic and riotously funny read bringing Billy’s very best storytelling together.
- THE GUARDIANS: Framed for murder and imprisoned for 22 years, Quincy Miller will need a miracle to save him.
- THE FAMILY GIFT: Freya’s family is under threat – from manipulative family to her inner critic. But when life gives you lemons, you throw them right back.
- IMAGINARY FRIEND: Kate Reese is a single mother fleeing an abusive relationship by starting over in a new town, with her young son Christopher. Their world begins to unravel after Christopher vanishes into the Woods – where 50 years earlier an eerily similar disappearance occurred. When he emerges six days later, unharmed but not unchanged, he brings with him a secret: a voice only he can hear and a warning of tragedy to come. What follows is a moving, thrilling, chilling modern masterpiece – read with the lights on!
Shop the books online or download our printable checklist and head to your local bookstore.
Content provided by Hachette New Zealand.